We all have a notorious habit of adding character attributes to celebrities, and take them up as a reference points. Especially when it comes to fashion. We have our red-carpet favourites and our off-duty favourites but amidst all this we forget the versatile dressers who seem to have it all figured out regardless of the event. Even if they don’t pull off over the top displays of fashion at all times, doesn’t mean they don’t have their own niche. Anushka Sharma falls right into this category of being a fashion superhero, without the overtness.
1. We mean can we just begin with her 50s inspired look at her wedding? A velvet saree, minimal make-up, a retro hairdo, and bespoke attitude? But her Indian wear has always been entirely too unique, bustling with modernity and oomph without the grandiose expression of conventional! We mean, check out her Diwali lehenga that was a bohemian dream come true, but paired up with a low cut cleavage bearing choli it was a sensation!
2. Even in the role of a bride, behind the scenes, she wasn’t lathered in layers of fabric and entangles of jewels. A white pristine look but casual and weather appropriate! We mean, how cute are the coordinates! But it is safe to say that in white, Anushka thrives! Whether it is a art-deco mod mini with statement sleeves, or mermaid like textured cocktail wear – the actor knows how to perfectly make white a colour that is nothing too plain, and especially not at all vanilla!
3. Or whether is it this take on androgyny with oomph that can last for daysss. The plaid never saw it coming – the sexiness, the blatant femininity, and the delicious cuts! Plus, who else went completely bananas the first time we saw this ear cuff?!
4. Everyone loves their jacquard, and their silks, and their embroideries. But few really dare to be inventive with them. These navy blue – golden pants, and the plain blue top speaks of regality without being over the top about it! We would love to own this very outfit to wear it for office meetings, date-nights, and a friend’s sangeet, even!
6. Of course, when she does bust out a heavy duty gown, there’s no denying that everyone stops to look! With a cut that is flattering, and a back that is undoubtedly minimal in its approach and maximal in its effect, that the dress is a winner!
7. Of course, her off-duty looks are pretty much every girl-next-door’s dream moodpboard! Whether it is colour blocked bikini, chambray dresses, or bomber jackets with beanies! Anushka knows how to do casual just as well, as she knows how to do glamour!