Maybe it’s time we watch something new! Stree was the thought which was running across our minds for quite some time. Romance, drama, action and thriller – these are the genres we have already seen multiple times on the silver screen. But comedy blended with horror- that’s a rare offering for Bollywood. This Amar Kaushik directorial had some well-known actors Rajkumar Rao and Shraddha Kapoor leading the project. The movie also stars Aparshakti Khurana, Pankaj Tripathi, and Abhishek Banerjee in supporting roles.
The storyline and the trailer itself got us gripped. The storyline literally says, “A town is held in the grip of terror by tales of a mysterious woman who calls men by their name and then abducts them, leaving their clothes behind.” Now, if that’s not something one would read and head to the cinema. Hence, the tagline, “Mard Ko Dard Hoga”, grabs some eyeballs. But if there’s one thing that makes this film a complete paisa vasool- the answer is obvious- Rajkumar Rao.
- Not just Rajkumar’s performance, the supporting cast equally contributed to make this film a success. Hats off to Aparshakti Khurana, Pankaj Tripathi and Abhishek Banerjee (Wait, we are coming to Shraddha Kapoor)
- Brilliantly written by Krishna D.K. and Raj Nidimoru which will keep you entertained throughout.
- The movie also comes with a message of feminism.
- The first half is good but the second half moves at a rapid pace and is quite gripping.
- Overall the director has done a superb job by balancing the humor & horror which is bang on point.
- Even though the title states ‘Stree’-this movie belongs to the performance by the men in the film.
- Shraddha Kapoor’s overracting made this quite predictable in first half itself.
- Item song has little or no connection with the film.
- Typical 90’s revenge depiction looks quite cliche.
If you’re looking out for entertainment – then this film is for you.
Also, a special thanks to the actor for giving us this spectacular performance! We will leave you here to go and watch the film for yourself.