Now, here us out, we love love. We love movies that talk about love as an intense subject traversing through the deepest emotions we feel, manifesting them out like a bustling firework. Love is beautiful, love is heartwarming, it is truly what makes the world go around. Except sometimes when it is so corny, you could make polenta out of it!
From the tear streaked moments of our most favourite romantic comedies, to the most eye-rolling WHAAA in tragedies, some lines were SO cheesy, there almost made us wince. They barely made sense, they barely had the syntax right, they had a context, and an overwhelming timing that made them as iconic as they became. Here are 7 of those lines, that may have rocked our world the first ten times, but the eleventh time, it just all seemed like a saccharine honeysuckle!
1. You had me at ‘hello’ – Jerry Mcguire
2. I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her – Notting Hill
3. I wish I knew how to quit you – Brokeback Mountain
4. If you’re a bird, I’m a bird – The Notebook
5. I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once – The Fault In Our Stars
6. Love means never having to say you’re sorry – Love Story
7. You have bewitched me body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you – Pride and Prejudice