Bengal is famous for its culture, fashion, literature and food, but the one thing that you can’t miss out on when in Bengal is the famous Sandesh. And when it’s someone like Chef Kunal Kapur making it, it becomes even better. Here’s an easy-breezy, quick Sandesh recipe that you can follow to impress your friends and family this Diwali.
- 1 litre full cream milk
- 1 lemon
- 150 gms sugar
- 1-2 tsp cardamom powder
- Handful chopped pistachios
- Add some lemon juice to boiling milk and keep stirring till the milk splits.
- Strain the milk to separate the solids with the help of a muslin cloth.
- Pour some water over this freshly prepared chenna to remove the sour taste of lemon.
- Keep it aside and allow it to cool.
- Knead the chenna with sugar to make a smooth paste.
- Heat this paste in a pan until the sugar dissolves.
- Add some cardamom powder to this paste and knead well.
- Allow the mixture to cool for a while and make small balls out of the dough.
- Decorate these dough balls with chopped pistachios
- Refrigerate it for a couple of hours and serve cold.