Delicious Tandoori Chicken Recipe For Beginners
Looking for a recipe that will instantly leave your guests impressed? Well, Tandoori Chicken is the answer you’re looking for.
For the uninitiated, Tandoori chicken is a chicken dish prepared by roasting chicken marinated in yogurt and spices in a tandoor. Here’s the complete recipe.
1 whole chicken, cut in 10-12 pieces
200 gms Dahi/Curd
1 tbsp Butter
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
1 piece of charcoal
Ginger garlic paste
- Start by making some deep cuts into the chicken pieces.
- For marination, add yogurt, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste and salt to taste.
- Keep aside the marinated chicken for 30 minutes.
- In a pan add some oil and salted butter and place the chicken pieces into the pan.
- Cook each side properly until you get a nice golden brown colour.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Heat the charcoal until its red in colour.
- In the bowl where the tandoori chicken is placed, keep a small steel glass and place the coal in it and add some oil and cover the lid.
- After the chicken is cooked with some smokey flavour, garnish it with coriander leaves, onion and lemon.
- Tandoori Chicken is ready to be served.