Easy Gujia Recipe for Holi.
As the festival of colours and joy is around the corner, treating yourself with some delicious Gujias and thandai is a must for every Indian house hold celebration. Gujiya is enjoyed across the country during this festive season. The love for Gujiya around the festival has made it almost impossible for the celebration to be a hit without this sweet, crunchy, rich delicacy. So, here’s a quick, easy recipe for you to try during the last minute if you are planning for a party on Holi.
Ingredients For Cover:
1 cup Maida (all purpose flour/plain flour) (approx. 125 gms)
1½ tablespoons Ghee
Water as needed (approx. 1/4 cup)
Ingredients For Stuffing:
1/2 cup Milk Powder or 1/2 cup (approx.50-60 gms) crumbled or grated Mawa/khoya
1/4 cup Milk
1 tablespoon Ghee
1/2 cup Desiccated Coconut (dry grated coconut)(approx. 50 gms)
1/2 cup powdered Sugar (or 1-2 tablespoons less) (approx. 70 gm)
1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) chopped Mixed Nuts (Cashew Nuts, Almonds and Raisins)
1/4 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
Oil, for deep frying
- 1. Cook the dry fruits in a heavy bottomed frying pan, till they turn light brown.
- 2. Pour ghee in the sperate frying pan and add semolina to it.
- 3. Take it out once it turns light brown
- 4. Grind the sugar.
- 5. Mix mawa (khoya), semolina, sugar and dry fruits properly.
- 1. Take white flour in a bowl. Mix the melted ghee in the flour properly and add milk.
- 2. Make a tight dough with the help of water and cover the dough with wet cloth for half an hour.
- 3. Make small round pieces from the dough
- 4. Cover these round shaped pieces with a wet cloth.
- 5. Take out one small piece and flatten it in about 4 inch (diameter), with the help of a roller.
- 6. Put the flattenedd dough on your palm and put some mixture on it. Fold and close it and cut it in spiral shape on the thinner side. You can also use a cast to shape your gujiyas.
- 7. Put some ghee in a thick bottomed frying pan and heat it. In the hot ghee, fry the gujiyas till they turn light brown.
- 8. Now take out the gujiyas and put them on a big plate.
- 9. Delicious gujiyas are ready to be served.