Who doesn’t love kebabs? In all shapes and forms, juicy and delicious! The best part though? You can have variants of the dish in as many possible ways, using as many ingredients. So, when we heard about a Chicken Walnut Kebab with Dates and Walnuts – we were coloured curious! Plus we knew that the creator of this recipe, Masterchef India 6 winner – engineer turned chef – Abinas Nayak, would definitely whip up something truly finger-licking. So, here is this unique and amazing recipe using the best of California Walnuts!
- Minced chicken – 150/200gm
- California Walnuts – 2 cups/8-10 nos.
- Fried onion – 2
- Chickpea flour (to thicken kebab consistency)
- Mixed masala – (garam masala, badi ilaichi, chhoti ilaichi, black pepper, clove, dalcheeni, bay leaf) – 2 tsp
- Ginger garlic & green chilli paste – 1.5 tsp
- Whole egg – 1
- Salt – as per taste
- Roast California Walnuts in a pan
- In a blending jar or food processor, take 3/4 cup of roasted California Walnuts, fried onion (barista from 2 onion), add the ginger garlic chilli paste, 1 whole egg and blend well and keep aside
- In the same blending jar, add 200gm of minced chicken, 2 tsp of mixed masala, some salt and blend well
- Add some rose water to the mix and set aside in the refrigerator for 10 minutes
- In a pan add ghee and cook the kebab by making small patties
For DATES & WALNUT DIP
- Dates – 1/2 cup
- California Walnuts – 1/2 cup
- Red chilli – 1 tbsp.
- Yoghurt – 2 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- In a blending jar add – dates, California Walnuts, red chilli, yoghurt, salt and grind well. Serve this sweet & spicy dip with the kebabs!
- Coriander leaves – half bunch
- California Walnuts – a handful
- Mint – 4 to 5 leaves
- Green Chilli (optional)
- Add chopped coriander, 4-5 mint leaves, add a handful of California walnuts and grind well. Your light & fresh garnish is ready!
For PICKLED ONION
- Vinegar – a little
- Sugar – a little
- Salt – a little
- Beetroot puree – 2 tsp.
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp.
- Cloves – 3 to 4
- Cut shallots into half and add – vinegar, sugar, salt, beetroot puree, black pepper & cloves
- Keep this in the refrigerater overnight
- Serve alongside the chicken walnut kebabs to add that extra zing to the dish!
Serve the Chicken Walnut Kebabs with Dates & Walnut Dip, add the garnish, some pickled onions or just a squeeze of lemon to take the dish a notch up!
Watch the recipe tutorial here:
— GOODTIMES (@mygoodtimes) May 29, 2020
Plus if you want to know how healthy walnuts really are for you, check out this message by celebrity fitness trainer Namrata Purohit!
View this post on Instagram
Watch, Founder of Pilates Studio & Fitness Expert, Namrata Purohit @namratapurohit share her childhood stories about walnuts and how this delicious and dynamic nut should be part of our daily diet regime with @californiawalnutsindia ! . . . #GoodHealthWithGOODTiMES @gratitudesystem #CaliforniaWalnuts #IHeartWalnuts #WalnutsForWellness #MyGoodTimes #LiveYoung #LiveIndian #DesiAtHeart