Do you think only fancy chefs of fancier dining places can make deliciously smooth and cheesy soufflés? Well, you can too – in the comfort of your home as we bring to your this recipe of step-by-step creation of the decadent soufflé?
Butter – 50gm
Plain flour – 50gm
Warm milk – 300ml
Egg yolks – 4
Sharp cheddar – 150gm
Butter – 20gm
Breadcrumbs – 30gm
Egg whites – 4
Palette knife – to ensure no sticking to sides of dish
Tomato and onion salad
1. Melt 50g butter in a pan. Add 50g plain flour and cook on low heat. Don’t burn.
2. Slowly add 300ml of warm milk to create a smooth batter. Take off heat.
3. separate 4 eggs in to yolks and whites. Add yolks to batter.
4. Add 150g sharp cheddar to batter, mix in and keep warm.
5. Whisk egg whites to frothy peaks. take soufflé dish and smear with 20g butter.
6. Add 30g breadcrumbs to dish and toss about.
7. Pour warm batter in to soufflé dish. Combine egg whites with batter in figures of 8 to make light and airy. Take palette knife around sides of mix to ensure no stick to sides of dish. Bake soufflé in middle of oven at c180 for 25-30 mins until risen and top golden brown.
8. Take out and serve at once. Serves 4.
9. Combine with tomato and onion salad.
This recipe is by Jasper Reid, Chief Executive Officer of Wendy’s India, Jamie’s Pizzeria India, and Jamie’s Italian India. Watch him take you through the recipe step by step exclusively on GOODTiMES.