Impress Your Guests With This Traditional Dahi Bara Aloo Dum Recipe
Crispy vadas topped with spicy boiled potatoes, honestly, nothing is better than a plate of Dahi Bara Aloo Dum to satiate your evening snack cravings. A unique dish made with simple ingredients that will provide you with a rich taste and burst of flavours. Made with the creaminess of curd and the spiciness of potato curry, these hot vadas served along with spicy and tangy chutneys will surely leave your guests impressed.
For Bara & curd seasoning
Urad Daal or Black Grams- 2 Cup
Vegetable Oil – For Deep Frying
Salt as per taste
Black cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
Asafetida – ½ tbsp
Curd Beaten – 2 cups
Water – 4 cups
Ginger -1 inch
Green Chilli – 3 pcs
Black Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Dry Red chili
Potato – 3-4 medium sized
Onion – 1 medium sized
Whole spices – 1 tbsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
Haldi Powder – ½ tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Red Chili Powder – 2 tsp
Cashew & musk melon seeds Paste – 3 tbsp
Chopped Tomatoes – 2 small sized
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Vegetable Oil- 2-3 tbsp
Salt – according to the taste
Onions- chopped Finely
Coriander Leaves – Finely Chopped
- Soak the lentils for a while and then transfer it to a blender to make a smooth paste out of it.
- To this paste add some salt and cumin seeds, combine it well and leave it aside.
- Make small balls out of this paste and deep fry them in hot oil until they turn golden-brown.
- Soak these balls in some water for a few minutes.
- In an earthen pot, heat some oil and add roast the whole spices in the hot oil.
- Add in some chopped onions, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder and give it a nice mix.
- To this add some hung curd, chopped tomatoes, salt, boiled potatoes and stir well.
- In a pot combine some curd, water and mint leaves.
- Prepare a fresh tadka by frying some red chilies, curry leaves, cumin seeds, green chili and ginger in hot oil.
- Pour this tadka in your curd mix and add in some black salt to it.
- Get rid of the excess water in your soaked vada and add them to the curd mix.
- Pour these vadas in a bowl and top it with your spicy aloo dum and garnish it with finely chopped onions, coriander leaves and sev.