Love makes your world go around, and either you feel sick and puke from a heartache, or you fall down into a blissful smile. But in either scenarios the pit of your stomach feels heavy, and there is nausea washing down on you, and you feel like the ground beneath you is both still and swaying at the same time.
So, here are some quotes, that are just so absolutely inventive in their articulation of love, all at once disarming us and making us vulnerable.
1. We loved with a love that was more than love. ― Edgar Allen Poe
2. As long as we can be one with something, anything, we’re okay. — André Aciman
3. If only somehow you could have been mine, what would not have been possible in the world? – Agha Shahid Ali
4. I loved when he was available to me like this, when our relationship was like a Word document that we were writing and editing together, or a long private joke that nobody else could understand. I liked to feel that he was my collaborator. I liked to think of him waking up at night and thinking of me. — Sally Rooney
5. I swear I only want to hear about you, to know what you’ve been doing. It’s a hundred years since we’ve met-it may be another hundred before we meet again. — Edith Wharton
6. I don’t want to live, I want to love first and live incidentally. — Zelda Fitzgerald
7. She was afraid, and the afraid, she realized, sought opportunities for bravery in love. — Lorrie Moore
8. So there is only one thing for the lover to do. He must house his love within himself as best he can; he must create for himself a whole new inward world—a world intense and strange, complete in himself. — Carson McCullers
9. We’re both looking at the same moon, in the same world. We’re connected to reality by the same line. All I have to do is quietly draw it towards me.— Haruki Murakami
10. Love is all. — Jack Kerouac